P2138 - Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor Circuit Range/Performance
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor harness is open or shorted
- Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor circuit poor electrical connection
- Faulty Accelerator Pedal Position Sensor
- Faulty Electric Throttle Control Actuator
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)
The Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) sensor is installed on the upper end of the accelerator pedal assembly. The sensor detects the accelerator position and sends a signal to the Engine Control Module (ECM).
Accelerator pedal position sensor has two sensors. These sensors are a kind of potentiometers which transform the accelerator pedal position into output voltage, and emit the voltage signal to the ECM.
In addition, these sensors detect the opening and closing speed of the accelerator pedal and feed the voltage signals to the ECM. The ECM judges the current opening angle of the accelerator pedal from these signals and controls the throttle control motor based on these signals.
Idle position of the accelerator pedal is determined by the ECM receiving the signal from the accelerator pedal position sensor. The ECM uses this signal for the engine operation
such as fuel cut.
Need more help?