1. Turn the ignition key to the OFF position, disconnect both battery cables, and wait 5 minutes.
2. Remove two screws at the bottom of glove box.
3. Remove four screws inside the glove box.
4. Disconnect the glove box light. Push the tab to disconnect
5. Remove the yellow Air Bag Connector from glove box (DO NO DISCONNECT THE CONNECTOR)
6. Remove Click
7. Push-up the white cover. There is a tab on top of the cove to hold it on place.
8. Slide the old filter out.
1. Replace with new one and reinstall on glove box.
WARNING: The yellow air bag (SRS) harness connector is mounted to the top side of the glove box insert panel you re-positioned
in step 5. Use the following precautions when repositioning the glove box insert panel.
When installing a new microfilter make sure of the following:
a. The filter is installed so that the arrow, on the end of the filter, is facing the rear of the vehicle and is pointed upward.
b. The microfilter sits on top of the two black plastic tabs, not behind them.
c. The ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel slides below the microfilter.
NOTE: If the microfilter is improperly installed, the ledge on the back side of the microfilter cover panel pushes directly into the microfilter, causing distortion. A distorted microfilter may interfere with the recirculation door.